- Ragi Flour – 1 &1/2
- CupsCooked Rice – 1/2 cups
- (Optional)Water – 3 & 1/4
- cupsSalt – a pinch
- In heavy bottom vessel add 3 and 1/4 cups of water. Then add cooked rice and salt. Bring it to boil on medium high heat.
- Now keep a wooden spoon (Upside down) inside the vessel. Then add Ragi flour(Shouldn’t mix that flour).
- Close with lid. Let it cook for 15 min (wooden spoon should be inside) in medium flame.
- Then switch off the stove ,Continuously stir so no lumps are formed. Stirring is key (it will thicken which happens in about 2-3 minutes of stirring)
- After 3-4 minutes of stirring,it should look thick and goopy but lump-free.
- The mixture is thoroughly cooked and ready to be made into balls.
- Take a flat plate, drop a little bit of goopy mixture. Sprinkle few drops of water over and around the mixture. Note: Keep a bowl with plenty of cold water handy.
- Using clean and wet hands shape this goopy mixture(while its hot enough for the hands to handle) into round balls. The size of balls are depends.
* Eat it with keerai masiyal, keerai and dal or kadalai chutney.
* OR keep it into water , then next day you can eat with butter milk. I will post soon about kali kozhl.